Megamind is based on the upcoming feature movie of the same name, and there are multiple versions of the game being designed for different video game consoles. For example, the Wii version is different from the PS3 and 360 version, which is different from the PSP and DS version. Wii version is a fighting game style of gampeplay.
In speaking with the developers at the E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles in June, they were emphatic that Megamind is being designed with parents who like to play with their kids in mind. But that doesn’t mean they’re dumbing down the action. In fact, the developers are trying to make games for people that want to play games with their kids but don’t want to play kids’ games.
In the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, players run around and solve puzzles that are loosely based on happenings from the movie. For those that can’t quite figure out what to do, a helpful sidekick will help provide guidance.
One other really cool feature of Megamind that helps make the game enjoyable for families to play together is the “helper” mode available in the single-player Story mode, in which a second player can participate in a limited function, picking up certain items or helping with small puzzles.
INFORMATION FROM COMPANY FACT SHEET
When the Megamind movie ends our story begins!
Just as Megamind has become our new Mega Hero, a sudden crime wave hits the city. The Doom Syndicate & their Doom Goons have emerged and are looking to take over! Only Megamind and his arsenal of gadgets can stop them!
ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN (Xbox 360/PS3)
• Become the Mega Hero – Play as Megamind
• 2-Player Co-Op – Play as trusty Brainbot
• Battle Mega Villains – Take on the vilest villains, the Doom Syndicate, for the ultimate showdown.
• Operate a Variety of Mega Gadgets – Outsmart enemies with the De-Gun, Tesla Gloves & more.
• Build Ingenious Inventions – Track down & defeat your enemies with the Mega Essence Tracker & Bio Essence Neutralizer.
MEGA TEAM UNITE (Wii)
• Create the Ultimate Mega Team–Create a 4-player “Mega Squad” by choosing from 9 characters, including Megamind!
• Mega Multiplayer Action with Your Friends! – Team up with 1-4 players to defend the city against the Doom Syndicate!
• Battle with Power Ups & Super Abilities – Use super abilities to fight Mega Villains & boost your action with power ups.
THE BLUE DEFENDER (Nintendo DS, PSP)
• Become the On-The-Go Mega Hero – Play as Megamind, anytime, anywhere.
• Defend the City! – Find and defeat new Doom Syndicate enemies, including Megamind’s re-programmed Brainbots!
• Collect & Upgrade a Blaster Arsenal – Switch between blasters on the fly which become more powerful the more they are used!