Just like in real life, Shaun White is the ultimate snowboarding hero in Shaun White Snowboarding World Stage. And just as Shaun White makes doing mind-blowing tricks on a snowboard look impossibly easy, Ubisoft has done a really good job of making hard-looking moves pretty easy to accomplish with the Wii mote.
Through combinations of flicking, twisting and turning the Wii-mote along with pushing the A button (or the B-button trigger), you can slide down rails, catch big air and perform a number of snowboarding tricks. The controls are very easy to get the hang of.
In order to unlock levels to play, you’ll need to progress through the game’s story mode, which sees you competing to improve your world rank in order to make it to the World Stage. But as you work your way up, you are able to participate in glimpses and small gameplay challenges involving Shaun White, which serve as a nice incentive to keep playing more.
The game has quite a few multiplayer modes, and is very flexible when it comes to players joining in or using the Wii Balance Board or Wii-motes. For events that require split screen, the game can handle up to four players playing at the same time, racing side-by-side. Other modes require taking turns on the courses to either try and go faster or beat someone else’s score. If you have three or four players playing, the downtime here might start to seem kind of long sometimes.
Shaun White Snowboarding World Stage is a fun game for families with kids across a broad range of ages, making pulling off cool snowboarding moves as easy as Shaun White makes it look in real life.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FROM COMPANY'S FACT SHEET
In this sequel to 2008’s hit game Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip, Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage follows Shaun White and his crew of friends as they go from chasing the best powder to pursuing the world’s top competitions. You and Shaun will hit the slopes once again, but this time the stakes are higher; zig-zag across the globe to ride against the best of the best and take your place on the world stage. Ubisoft has teamed up with action sports superathelete Shaun White to bring the most immersive experience to the Nintendo Wii. Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage infuses the experience with the most authentic elements of Shaun’s riding style, personality, and sense of humor.
• Become the world’s best snowboarding crew You and Shaun White will guide the World’s best riders to the very top of the world rankings. Every challenge is an opportunity to increase your level of prestige on the world stage. Participate in bigger and more varied challenges across the globe until you’re finally ready to take on the world’s top boarders in the ultimate competition.
• Tons of new powder to ride From a half pipe in the middle of New York’s Times Square to the most prestigious competitions in France, Canada, and Japan. Ride a ton of unforgettable locations to which only the world’s best crews have access. Explore eight huge mountains for 75 unique challenges.
• Seamless co-op multiplayer Invite up to three friends to be a part of your crew at any point in the game. All of the progress you achieve together fully carries over to your single-player career.
With a multitude of dedicated co-operative and competitive modes to explore, you can be sure that the intensity of the action on the slopes will be matched in the living room. Once you’ve posted a score you’re proud of, see how you stack up against players from across the world using all-new online leaderboards.
• More characters, More customization Recruit riders from around the world! Every addition to your group brings a new way to ride and trick! Unlock a variety of authentic boots, boards, jackets, helmets and stickers as rewards for completing the game’s many challenges.
• A deep experience you’ll want to keep playing You’re in total control of how you want to play the game. With the all-new season competition calendar, you’ll always have a wide variety of new locations to race, trick, grind, and grab air. Replay your favorite runs to unlock each map’s unique achievements, earning you keepsakes of your accomplishments and special rewards.
• Everyone can hit the Slopes with the Wii The Wii makes it easy to free ride or compete. The Balance Board lets you control your jumps and tricks with the intuitiveness and fun of having a snowboard in your own living room.